Wednesday, September 7, 2011

We got the laptop back!! Yay!! Hopefully I can get back to blogging more often now. Things have been going very well. Paxton is finally getting back to a "normal" sleeping and eating schedule. He's actually slept through the night a few times in the last couple weeks. We moved him to the crib in the boys' room so I'm sure that has helped. I know it's helped me sleep a little better. :) He's working on crawling still and sitting up on his own. He's gotten a lot better and I'm sure he will get there soon. It takes heart babies a little longer to master those movements that involve the core muscles because so much time is spent in the hospital laying on their backs and then after a surgery it takes a while to recover too. A "normal" baby would be spending that time working on skills like rolling over, sitting up and crawling. However, I think with Paxton he is still in the "normal" range so I'm not at all worried. Besides...we all learn these skills eventually right? :) Here's a picture of him working on his sitting up skills while sitting in a new high chair that we got him. He loves it!

This past weekend we decided on a spur of the moment trip to Branson for Labor Day weekend. We called Paxton's cardiologist and got the all clear to travel so off we went. We had a blast! The weather was absolutely gorgeous so we were able to take the kids outside to play and one day we even went to The Landing to go shopping. Pax got to play outside for the first time ever, which was adorable!

Here are a couple pictures of Pax playing outside and one of Josh and Kaiden on a little ride at the landing. I also included one of Dakotah on his first day of first grade.






1 comment:

  1. Oh I want to squeeze the stuffins outta 'em. What sweethearts. I can't believe that Dakota is already in school. Ya'll know how to make a Great Auntie feel her years!!!

    I so enjoy the pictures and praise God for little Paxton's good news!

    Love ya girl :o)

    ReplyDelete