Monday, July 25, 2011

Grrrrrrr

This morning was Pax's pre-op appointment for his surgery tomorrow. It took a couple hours, but he did so great! I absolutely LOVE the staff at the children's hospital. They truly are so wonderful! They always remember Pax and his story. They treat him like he is a member of their family. Anyways, the rest of the afternoon wasn't hugely eventful. We all just went out and ran errands until it was time for my Dad and Sharon to get to town. They were coming in to be here for the surgery tomorrow. Well we are sitting at dinner at Cheddar's and I get a phone call from the surgeon's office. Evidently the director of nurses advised the surgeons to wait until next week to do the surgery. She said that there were going to be a bunch of newer and inexperienced nurses on the schedule for tomorrow and thought it best, considering Pax's situation, that they wait until the best nurses were going to be on the schedule. I was sooo pissed! Not because they postponed it necessarily, but because they waited until the night before to look at the schedule and make that decision. I am glad though that someone caught it and was looking out for Pax. I just wish they would have done it a little sooner...and BEFORE my Dad and Sharon drove all the way here. After dinner we got some ice cream and then headed to Julie's to play games. When we got there my Dad told us they were going to go ahead and drive back home to Branson and try to come back up next week. This made me happy. I thought I was going to miss out on them being here to support me. I was really looking forward to having someone from my family be there with us.

Well, now we have another week of waiting and doing nothing. I am not a very good "waiter". It's not my thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment