Tuesday, August 16, 2011

As you know Pax came home last Thursday afternoon and is still doing great. Over the weekend we pretended we were on "vacation" and celebrated his homecoming by eating lots of ice cream and playing a whole lot of Mario on our wii. Josh and I actually beat the game...yeah I know...we are dorks, but we actually had a wonderful time. I can't remember the last time I have laughed so much or so hard. I actually laughed so much one of those days that I gave myself a headache. 

Now "vacation" is over and Josh has gone back to work and I'm back to the normal household wife and mom duties. I don't mind a bit though. The only thing I miss about the hospital is the sleep I got (Josh stayed at the hospital with Pax while I slept through the night at home.) and the cookies. :) Even though some days being home with 3 very loud and messy children can be rough I wouldn't trade it for anything. I love being here with them watching them grow and learn. On days that it becomes too much I just get to go shopping and get some coffee and I'm totally okay with that. :) 

Speaking of sleep...I miss it! I think Pax's body is still doing some adjusting. Heart babies tend to burn more calories than heart healthy kids do so I kind of understand waking in the middle of the night to eat, but I sooo want him to just sleep through the night. Can't he make up for the calories during the day and not at night? I'm actually thinking about trying to move him into his crib in the boys' room in the next week or so. At least that way I'm not waking up at every move he makes or every breath that I hear. We will see how that goes though.

Pax has a cardiologist appointment this Thursday. While he was in the hospital a doctor mentioned to Josh that they were going to do a heart cath on him soon. This was somewhat news to us so I plan to talk to his cardiologist about it. I knew that he'd probably have to get one again at some point...some day, but I wasn't expecting so soon. The surgeons did say they wanted to watch his aorta. Where they made the previous repair was starting to narrow again which was concerning to them, but it wasn't so bad that they felt they needed to do anything to it during his surgery a couple weeks ago. So please be praying this week for a good report. Of course I will update after the appointment. 

Happy Tuesday everyone!! 

1 comment:

  1. Yep, as 'sick' as our little Social Butterfly was she was considered a 'well' baby. The night staff would carry her around and play with her. When we'd get to come home, she always thought night~time was play~time.

    Sleep is kinda an oxymoron in a house filled with 'littles' anyway.

    I'm thrilled that Paxton is doin' well and I'll sure remember ya'll in my prayers Thursday.

    Thanks for keepin' us updated!

    God bless and enjoy your day sweetie~ :o)

    ReplyDelete